World without Strangers!


In my previous entry, I wrote that someone wanted to add me in his or her "Love Happens" network.

A thought came to my mind. Why someone would wants to put me in his or her list of friends when both of us are total strangers? I did not put my picture and particulars in my profile.

That is when I realise that I am truly in a different generation. =) I am OLDbie!
People nowadays are so comfortable in using such online social network to meet people from all over the world and even to find boyfriends and girlfriends. It is a WOLRD WITHOUT BOUNDARIES AND STRANGERS!

Well, this OLDbie still has some advice for the YOUNG ONES out there.
We should celebrate the wonders of internet and the power given to all of us to touch base with the world at the touch of a finger on our computer.

Yet we should still exercise caution for with great power comes great responsibility. If we are not responsible, we would be hurt by this power. We need to be wise in handling online "friends". Do not judge a book by its cover but instead read through it and digest its content. For we cannot never know the true nature of someone by just their looks, messages or photos.

You can go read what one of my friends had written in her blog regarding "online" encounters :
http://kermitkhoo.blogspot.com/2006/10/days-are-evil-2.html