Teacher Prayer.. And it is not to make the whole class disappear =)

Today I was teaching at NBSS (guess which school is this =P ). As I was walking out of the school, I saw something inspiring on the notice board.

A Teacher's Prayer
James J. Metcalf
I want to teach my students how to live this life on earth,
To face its struggles and its strife And to improve their worth
Not just the lesson in a book, Or how the rivers flow,
But to choose the proper path, Wherever they may go.

To understand eternal truth, And know right from wrong,
And gather all the beauty of A flower and a song,

For if I help the world to grow In wisdom and grace,
Then I feel that I have won And I have filled my place.

And so I ask your guidance, God That I may do my part,
For character and confidence And happiness of heart.
I really enjoy my job as a CRuSH trainer. Yet at times, I do get tired by the teaching and take it as just a job. As a result, I can become functional when I interact with my students.
This prayer really inspires me that it is not just knowledge, rules or know-how I want to pass on to the students. But I do hope to impart to them the passion to live life, the joy of discovering who they are, the love for people and the wisdom to know right or wrong.
Of cos, this seems impossible! Well with man it is impossible. The only thing i can do is learn from my Master Teacher up there =)

0 comments: