Treasure Hunt!

TREASURE HUNT

Life can have its unexpected ups and downs.
We must treasure every moment of our lives as if it is the last.
We must treasure people in our lives for we may not know what tommorow may hold.

I just came back from a company camp and got a shocking news. One of my Sec 1 students died suddenly last Thursday. This got me into thinking about treasuring people around us. We may complain about them or take them for granted.
Recently, I heard someone asks me this question :How do I treat the people around me? Do I treat them as
1. Background people
We do not know them and they are faces in the crowd
2. Function people
We only talk to them when they have perform a function on us. Eg. bus driver or teacher.
3. Relation people
We are interested to know them and want to build meaningful relationship with them.

Honestly, I find that I can be a very functional person and has a tendacy to relate to people because there is a task or job to do. There are also times when I get so focused on the task at hand that I do not consider the feelings of people. Though the job may be completed successfully, the people around me may not feel appreciated.

Therefore, it will be good for me to constantly remind myself to see every person that I come across as unique & special and learn to relate to them as a person rather than ignore them or treat them as tools to be used.

Let go on a TREASURE HUNT for the whole of next week!

=> Think of a person we are always in contact with. Eg Parents, teachers or classmates, colleagues.

=> Make effort to get to know him or her beyond just a face you see daily or beyond the role he or she play in our lives.

=> Discover and be enriched by the hidden treasures that are in his or her life!

4 comments:

On the topic on cherishing people, I never thought it could be presented as so. This really is some ingenious food-for-thought.

Thanks hoydenish for yr comment => Btw, you are looking forward to what =) Haha

Thanks Anonymous for your comment =) Do give yr name next time. I am sure your name sounds nice. Haha

certainly the the essay:)